“No road is long with good company.”
Holidaying with Dogs
Planning a holiday with your furry companion? Look no further than Chatel, a charming destination in the stunning Portes du Soleil region. The chalet benefits from scenic landscapes, dog-friendly walks, and a welcoming atmosphere. Chatel is the perfect place to enjoy a memorable vacation with your beloved canine.
- Chatel and its surrounding area offer an abundance of picturesque walks where you can explore the beauty of the region with your dog:
- Lac de Vonnes: Take a leisurely stroll around Lac de Vonnes, a serene lake located just outside Chatel. Dogs can enjoy the fresh air and scenic views while walking on a leash.
- Abondance Valley: Discover the scenic Abondance Valley, with its peaceful walking paths and breathtaking landscapes. Your furry friend will appreciate the tranquil surroundings and the opportunity to stretch their legs.
- Super Chatel: Explore the Super Chatel area, which provides a range of hiking trails suitable for dogs. Enjoy panoramic views of the mountains and enjoy quality time together in nature.
- Beautiful meadows opposite the tennis courts.
It’s always a good idea to be prepared and know the local veterinary services available in case of any unexpected situations. Here are a few veterinary clinics in the Chatel area:
- Cabinet Vétérinaire d’Abondance: Located in Abondance, this veterinary clinic provides a range of services for pets.
- Clinique Vétérinaire du Léman: Situated in nearby Thonon-les-Bains, this veterinary clinic offers comprehensive care for animals, including emergencies.
Passports and Documentation:
If you’re traveling from the UK to Chatel with your dog, there are some essential documents you’ll need to ensure a smooth journey:
- Pet Passport: Ensure your dog has a valid pet passport, which includes up-to-date vaccinations and necessary treatments for ticks and tapeworms.
- Microchip: Make sure your dog is microchipped, as this is a legal requirement for traveling with pets.
- Don’t forget, All dogs entering the UK from the EU need to have tapeworm treatment administered by a vet not less than 24 hours (1 day) and no more than 120 hours (5 days) before the dog’s scheduled arrival time in the UK.
The journey from the UK to Chatel may require some breaks to ensure your dog’s comfort and well-being. Consider the following tips:
- Plan Regular Stops: Break up the journey with regular stops to allow your dog to stretch their legs, have a drink, and relieve themselves.
- Dog-Friendly Hotels: If your journey requires an overnight stay, ensure you book pet-friendly accommodations in advance to make the experience stress-free for both you and your dog. Useful links here
Holidaying with your dog in Chatel can be a delightful experience, with a range of dog-friendly walks, stunning landscapes, and a welcoming atmosphere. Take advantage of the serene walks around Lac de Vonnes, explore the scenic Abondance Valley, and venture into the beautiful Super Chatel area with your four-legged friend. Be prepared with the necessary documentation, know the local veterinary services, and plan your journey breaks to ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip for both you and your furry companion. Embrace the adventure and create unforgettable memories with your beloved dog in the picturesque surroundings of Chatel.